A10-607. Hawker Siddeley 748-2-228. c/n 1607-136.
This aircraft was ordered new by the Australian Government for the Royal Australian Air Force
It was constructed by Hawker Siddeley Aviation Limited, Woodford, Manchester - 1969
It was allocated the production number '136'
First flown as 'A10-607' - March 28, 1969
Powered by Rolls Royce Dart 534 engines
Accepted by the Royal Australian Air Force at Woodford as 'A10-607' - April 1969
Departed England on the ferry flight to Australia - May 1969
Arrived RAAF East Sale on completion of the ferry flight - May 15, 1969
Ferry route: Woodford - Athens - ? - New Delhi - Bangkok - Singapore - Denpasar - Darwin - Alice Springs - East Sale
The aircraft was allocated to the School of Air Navigation, RAAF East Sale
Transferred to No 32 Squadron, RAAF East Sale - July 01, 1989
Withdrawn from use at RAAF East Sale - May 31, 1998
The aircraft had flown 17,474 hours with 15,314 cycles
The aircraft was dismantled with the fuselage trucked to the DSTO facility, Salisbury, South Australia
DSTO had a contract upgrade the HS-748 Navigation Trainer fleet
This fuselage was set up in a cradle minus the wings and tailplane as the 'test-jig'
When it was decided to retire the HS-748 fleet this contract was cancelled
The fuselage was sold to International Air Parts Pty Ltd
It was transported by road to Sydney (Bankstown) and used as a source of spare parts - January 08, 2001
The tail and rudder are mounted on a plinth outside the 32 Squadron Building, RAAF East Sale
A10-607. Royal Australian Air Force - in the standard livery at RAAF Point Cook Airport, February 1983.
(R. N. Smith Copyright Image 0748-124.)
A10-607. Royal Australian Air Force - in the standard livery at Melbourne Tullamarine Airport, November 22, 1989.
(G. Canciani Copyright Image 0748-117.)
A10-607. Royal Australian Air Force - in the low-viz grey livery at Melbourne Avalon Airport, March 24, 1995.
(G. Canciani Copyright Image 0748-118.)